1. What Information We Collect
You may choose to interact with the Service in a way that allows Us to collect personally identifying information.
i. Publicly Accessible Information
Our Service relies on a several data sources which provide publicly accessible information which may include Personally Identifiable Information (PII) such as a name, alias, or username that You have provided to another third-party service. We use this information to establish communications with You through such third-party services and when providing attribution to You alongside any public displays of copyrighted material.
ii. Social Networking Sites
You may also interact with the Service through a Social Networking Site (SNS) such as Facebook or Google. When You access the Service through a SNS, We may access and store some or all of the information that you grant to us through the SNS. By using the Service through an SNS, You authorize Us to access and store this information. You can request that We delete information We have collected from You by contacting Us in writing or by email using firstname.lastname@example.org
iii. Mobile Devices
If You interact with the Service through a mobile device, We may collect and store information about Your device such as device ID and IP address. We may also access Your contacts list or location on Your mobile device, as You allow by request, for the purpose stated at the time such information is requested. We may also collect and store other information that You submit to Us through Your mobile device, such as email address, user names, other profile information, or any media.
iv. Search Query Information
We automatically collect aggregate information about the queries performed on Our system in order to continually improve and refine the performance and user experience of the Service. Specific text queries are not linked to Your personal information and no personal information is stored with those queries. The system is designed so that We cannot determine which user performed a given query nor which queries were performed by a given user, since queries are not stored with any specific user information or personally identifiable information. While We keep track of how many queries a user has performed in a given time period for billing and security purposes, We do not keep track of what a given user has queried for.
v. Web Site Usage Information
We automatically collect IP addresses and web site usage information from You when You access the Service. We use this information to identify and evaluate how Our visitors and subscribers use and navigate Our web sites and use the Service on an aggregate basis, including but not limited to, the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each web page, and the length of their visits.
AirDeck cookies do not contain any Personally Identifiable Information. Third-party advertisers may also store cookies on Your computer when You access Our online Service or click on advertisements. We may also use other technologies such as Web beacons and scanning navigational data to collect anonymous information about Our users in order to improve Our products and Service. Anonymous information includes, but is not limited to, the web site that You came to AirDeck from, IP addresses, and areas of Our web sites most frequently visited or clicked on. These records do not contain any personally identifiable information.
vii. Accounts and Web Form Information
When You submit information to Us to make a payment or open an account, We may collect personally identifiable information from You that may include Your name, address, email address, credit card number, as well as any other information necessary for accurately processing Your payments. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 13.
When collecting sensitive information via the web, such as Your password or credit card number, AirDeck uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocols to encrypt web pages and form data. This helps prevent the interception of sensitive information during transmission, helping to keep Your information secure.
Any contact with Our customer service team or communication from You, such as telephone conversations, chat messages, and e-mails, may be recorded to help Us provide better service to Our customers.
2. How We Use Information Collected
- ii. We may use personal and sensitive information that You have provided for the purpose of fulfilling a specific request You have made. For example, Your personal and sensitive information may be used to establish an account with Us or to process and validate credit card purchases You have authorized. This information will be shared with any third parties which are necessary to complete the transaction You have requested, for example, Your billing and credit card information will be shared with Our credit card processor when You and make a payment to Us by credit card, in order to complete the transaction.
- iii. We may use Your personal information to personalize the content and advertising that You and others see, based on Your personal preferences, demographics, or usage patterns. We may also use Your personal information to improve Our products and Service and to provide additional Service to You.
- iv. We may use Your personal information to inform You about new or existing products and services, to provide You with special offers, to respond to inquiries from You, resolve complaints, or to otherwise contact You.
- vi. We may use aggregate information to provide advertisers and other third parties with statistical and demographic information about Our user population and usage patterns, but this does not include any personally identifiable information.
- vii. We may disclose and use personally identifiable information in special circumstances where it is necessary to enforce Our Service agreements or Terms of Service (for example to protect Our intellectual property rights). We may also disclose or use Your personal information when We, in good faith, believe that the law may require Us to do so.
3. Legal Compliance
We may be required by law to disclose personal information to proper law enforcement authorities, even though You might have requested that We don’t share Your information. This information may be necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone who may attempt to cause injury to another’s rights or property or to comply with national security.
If We are acquired or merge with another company, the resulting combined company will use any personally identifiable information AirDeck has collected from You as described in this policy. If We cease operation, Your personally identifiable information may be transferred to and used by another company that offers similar or related products or services.
4. Data Security and Compliance
AirDeck takes the security of your data very seriously. The personally identifiable information We collect about You is stored in limited access servers. We maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and Your personally identifiable information. We retain personally identifiable information only as long as necessary to complete a purchase, thwart fraud, provide customer service, or maintain Your account with Us.
Below is a few of our security policies that we have implemented:
- i. All access to the Service is done over HTTPS using 2048-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
ii. All secure access tokens to external services are stored in Our database using 256-bit AES encryption.
iii. We retain full backup databases in case of data loss or system failure.
iv. We do not store any of Your payment information, instead Your card and account details are sent directly to Our PCI-compliant payment processor.
v. We perform regular code security checks to ensure proper data security safeguards are in place to prevent unauthorized access.
AirDeck utilizes Amazon Web Services (“AWS”), an industry leader in cloud-based hosting, which is compliant with a number of standards including SOC1, SSAE 16, ISAE 3402, and SOC 2 among others. More information can be found here: http://d0.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/compliance/AWS_Risk_and_Compliance_Whitepaper_020315.pdf .
5. Data Storage and Retention
Your data is stored on an AWS cloud-based database management service hosted completely within the United States. We will retain your data through the duration of Your business relationship with Us and We reserve the right to securely retain your data indefinitely and delete it at our earliest convenience. For deletion and portability needs please submit your request to email at email@example.com
6. Data Subject Rights
7. Transferring Data from the EU to the US
8. Children Under Thirteen
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen.
9. Do Not Track
We currently do not observe the Do Not Track option available in most web browsers nor do we currently track or collect personally identifiable information about You on third-party web sites or services. Our Service may integrate with other third-party web sites or services that will have their own respective privacy and Do Not Track policies.
10. Changes to Posted Policy